Tuesday, March 23, 2010

VOTE!

Voting is a very, very important part of being a citizen in the United States. Americans should be thankful that we have the ability to have a say in who is going to lead our country. There are many other countries that do not have that right, and I'm sure they wished they were as lucky as we are. We need to take advantage of this privilege!

I was not able to vote in the last presidential election. If I was old enough to vote, I'm not sure who I would have voted for. Politics have never been my cup of tea. I try to get involved by knowing the issues, but I just can't get interested in them. Also, a lot of the things they discuss, like the economy, do not make sense to me. Honestly, when the candidates talked about some issues it sounded like those cartoons that say "womp womp" when they talk to me. One thing I do promise is that when the next election comes around I will be ready and prepared. I'll do my research, and I will vote. Something many Americans fail to do these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment